- What is the HFN Mandi?
- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”); and
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- What is Sensitive Personal Data or Information?
- Financial information such as bank accounts, credit, and debit card details or other payment instrument details (“Financial Information”);
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information; and
- Information received by body corporates under lawful contract or otherwise.
- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our app?
- Financial Information:
- Personal Information/Personally Identifiable Information:
- To identify the User, to understand his/her/its needs and resolve disputes, if any;
- To set up, manage and facilitate the offer of Products, and to enhance the Services to meet the user’s requirements;
- To provide ongoing service;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To resolve technical issues and troubleshoot problems;
- To aid the Harvesting Platform in collecting monies from Users for transactions carried out on the Harvesting Platform;
- To keep users apprised of the Harvesting Platform’s promotions and offers;
- To customize user experience;
- To detect and protect the Harvesting Platform from error, fraud and other criminal activities;
- Automatically Generated Information
- Uniform resource locator of the site from which such user visits the Harvesting Platform;
- Details of the website such User is visiting on leaving the Harvesting Platform;
- The internet protocol (“IP”) address of each user’s computer operating system;
- Type of web browser the user is using, email patterns; and
- The user’s internet service provider.
- Telephone calls
- When do we collect information?
- Who has access to your information?
- Employees and Authorised Personnel
- Government Institutions or Authorities
- Other Parties
- providing services, technical support, etc. in relation to the Services, and enhancing the User experience; or
- detecting and preventing identity theft, fraud or any other potentially illegal acts; or
- monitoring and enhancing user interest and engagement, including through promotional activity, personal messages to users using Personally Identifiable Information provided by users, etc; or
- processing the purchase of Services on the Harvesting Platform.
- Merging/Acquiring Parties
- Third Party upon Sale
- Third-Party Sites
- How do we use your information?
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our application in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other application feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- How do we protect your information?
Harvesting India Private Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of India, having its registered office at SCO 481-482, First Floor, Sector - 35C Market, Chandigarh - 160036 - India (“Company”) has, as a part of its objective, created a web/mobile application [and website] “Harvesting Platform” (“HFN Mandi”) that facilitates it users registered on the HFN Mandi Platform, to buy and sell Grains, Spices, fresh fruits, vegetables and other fresh or value-added agricultural produce across cities in India (“Services”).
Under the SPDI Rules, sensitive personal data or information of a person means and includes such personal information about that person relating to the following (“Personal Information”):
There is also certain information that will be collected from users such as addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and other contact information which may be used to personally identify users (“Personally Identifiable Information”).
It is important to note that information that is freely available in the public domain, or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005, or any other law will not be considered Personal Information, or as Personally Identifiable Information.
In the course of transacting on the Harvesting Platform, users may be required to pay with a credit card, wire transfer, or debit card through the Harvesting Platform’s third-party payment gateway provider or any other platform. This third-party payment gateway provider may be required to collect certain Financial Information from users including, but not restricted to, their Financial Information. The Financial Information so collected will only be used for billing and payment for the sale of the Services through the Harvesting Platform. The processes of verifying the Financial Information will be entirely conducted by the user and the Harvesting Platform shall have no part in such processes.
The Financial Information collected from the users is transacted through secure digital platforms of approved payment gateways which are under encryption, thereby complying with reasonably expected technology standards. While the Harvesting Platform shall make reasonable endeavors to ensure that the user’s Personal Information and the Financial Information is duly protected by undertaking security measures prescribed under applicable laws, the user is strongly advised to exercise discretion while providing Personal Information or Financial Information while using the Services given that the Internet is susceptible to security breaches.
When a user visits the Harvesting Platform, it automatically receives the following information:
The Harvesting Platform may also access, collect, store and/or monitor information regarding the user’s location, which includes but is not limited to his/her/its global positioning system coordinates vis-à-vis the device used to access the Harvesting Platform. The location data does not collect or share any personally identifiable information about the user.
The Harvesting Platform may keep records of telephone calls received from and made to users for the purpose of administration of Services, research and development, training, business intelligence, business development, or for user administration. The Harvesting Platform may share the telephone records with third parties when required by law or when required to provide or facilitate the User with the Services.
We collect information from the user when the user registers on the Harvesting Platform, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, or enter information on our application. We may offer email, app notifications, short message service (sms), multimedia message service (MMS) or other forms of communication to share information with them about certain promotions or features the application may choose to offer or about our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, advertisers, and sponsors. You may receive such communication when you have registered as a user.
All information that is collected, stored, and disclosed to the Harvesting Platform by the users is accessible only to authorized personnel and employees on a need-to-know basis. All employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of Personal Information or Financial Information provided by users are obliged to respect the confidentiality of every user’s Personal Information or Financial Information.
The Harvesting Platform may share/use Personal Information and Personally Identifiable Information provided by users with the other parties for the purposes of:
In the event that the Harvesting Platform is merged with or acquired by another business entity, it will be required to transfer all Personal Information to such merging or acquiring party. In such a case, the Harvesting Platform will take all reasonable efforts to make sure that Personal Information is protected by the merging or acquiring entity, in conformity with applicable laws.
The Harvesting Platform may also disclose or transfer the personal and other information provided by Users, to any third party as a part of reorganization or a sale of the assets, division, or transfer of a part or whole of the company. Any third party to which the Harvesting Platform transfers or sells its assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that Users provide to the Harvesting Platform.
We may use the information we collect from the user when the user registers, makes a purchase, signs up for our newsletter, responds to a survey or marketing communication, surfs the application, or uses certain other application features in the following ways:
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Please contact us for any questions or comments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgHarvesting India Private Limited
SCO 481-482, First Floor
Sector - 35C Market
Chandigarh - 160036